Coopers Rock, JPAO
June 3, 2022
Jerod Putnam was one of West Virginias original Irish Road Bowlers. This event raises money for the Jerod Putnam Memorial Scholarship. In 2019, the 1st year this singles tournament was held, nearly $4000 was raised. We return to the roads at Coopers Rock State Forest this year to host bowlers from all over. A winner’s purse of $1000 is again the top prize. Trophies and awards will be given for other achievements throughout the weekend. Details for the weekend are as follows:
- Entry fee of $50 per bowler. Fee covers shuttle to the start line, hot breakfast served Saturday June 5th from 8:00 to 10:00, and road bowl rental.
- Bowlers can pre-register or sign up the morning of competition (June 5th) before 10am
- June 3rd
- 2:00pm - Course on the Iron Furnace Road will be marked for practice.
- June 4th
- 8:00am, Breakfast and registration. Bowlers will learn their start time when registering
- 10:00am - First group of bowlers will be shuttled to the start line
- 3:00pm - Long shot competition.
- At conclusion of matches, bracket will be set for Sundays semi finals
- June 5th
- 9:30am - First semi final match will be shuttled to the start line
- 2:00pm - Finals match shuttled to the start line
- 3:30pm - Closing activities, 50/50 drawing, Cornhole Board Raffle, Trophy and Prize Presentation