JPAO Coopers Rock
June 2, 2023
Jerod Putnam was one of West Virginias original Irish Road Bowlers. This event raises money for the Jerod Putnam Memorial Scholarship. In 2019, the 1st year this singles tournament was held, nearly $4000 was raised. We return to the roads at Coopers Rock State Forest this year to host bowlers from all over. A winner’s purse of $1000 is again the top prize. Trophies and awards will be given for other achievements throughout the weekend. Road Masters are Jason and Cris Putnam. Details for the weekend are as follows:
- Entry fee of $50 per bowler. Fee covers shuttle to the start line, hot breakfast served Saturday June 3rd from 8:00 to 10:00, and road bowl rental.
- Bowlers can preregister June 2nd during practice or sign up the morning of competition (June 3rd) before 10am
- June 2nd
- 2:00pm - Course on the Iron Furnace Road will be marked for practice and preregistration
- June 3rd
- 8:00am, Breakfast and registration. Bowlers will learn their start time when registering
- 10:00am - First group of bowlers will be shuttled to the start line
- 3:00pm - Long shot competition.
- At conclusion of matches, bracket will be set for Sundays semi finals and posted on the Team WV Irish Road Bowling Facebook page.
- June 4th
- 9:30am - First semi final match will be shuttled to the start line
- 2:00pm - Finals match shuttled to the start line
- 3:30pm - Closing activities, 50/50 drawing, Cornhole Board Raffle, Trophy and Prize Presentation
Coopers Rock State Forest
Take the Coopers Rock State Forest exit off I68 and head south toward the over look. Park at the first parking area on the right and walk a short distance up the main road to the Iron Furnace Rd. Sign ups, breakfast, shuttles, and prizes can be found at the gate. The course is closed to traffic so a shuttle is provided to the start line.