Canaan Valley State Park, Davis WV
June 21, 2020
The second event of this double header weekend sees Canaan Valley State Park as the site for another great day of Irish Road Bowling. This course is wide open. A large downhill and shaded start lets bowlers see some big shots to start the day. The course then settles into a gently rolling stretch to the finish with wide sweeping turns and well-groomed road sides. Since this course isn’t a loop like Blackwater Falls the previous day, bowlers will be responsible for their own transportation to and from the start and finish lines.
With the short distance between Blackwater Falls and Canaan Valley, this is the perfect weekend to spend in the area enjoying the sights and two top notch Irish Road Bowling events. Registration begins at 12:30. Bowling begins at 1:30
Contact David Vance 1(800) 622-4121, Ext 2788
Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, the WVIRBA encourages spectators and participants to adhere to the following social distancing guidelines for this event:
Social guidelines for the Blackwater and Canaan Valley WVIRBA events.
1. Bowlers are encouraged to wear masks before, during, and after the competition.
2. Bowlers are encouraged to respect the 6ft social distancing guidelines.
3. One person from each team can sign up for the event and buy WVIRB merchandise.
4. Teams are encouraged to stay in or near their cars until the event begins.
5. While competing on the road, it is acceptable to help locate another team’s road bowl, but other bowlers should not touch the bowl or bring it back to the road.
6. Teams are responsible for their own transportation to and from the start and finish lines
7. If you or anyone in your household are exhibiting any of the Covid-19 symptoms outlined by the CDC, please do not participate in any of the WVIRB events.
8 Teams, 32 Bowlers
1st – PreGamers 23
2nd – Team Jerod 24
3rd – Bad News Bowlers 27long
Follow directions to Canaan Valley State Park. Turn onto Main Park Road. Course and parking at the 4-way intersection at the top of the hill.